Inspired Expat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

View the whole list

Statistics
We have 49 registered usersThe newest registered user is MahyaOur users have posted a total of 104 messagesin 44 subjects
Like/Tweet this page :
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Inspired Expat on your social bookmarking website
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Go down
alainp

Living in two / multiple countries Empty Living in two / multiple countries

Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:11 am
I'm talking about making your permanent home in 2 locations, i.e. a city in one country and a city in another country.

The more I think about it, the more it turns into a dilemma.

Most likely you'd have one place as your main home, and the other would be a secondary place where you live some of your life. But how would you split your time?

If you stay in place A most of the time, then you'd always be somewhat of a stranger whenever you go to place B. For example, if you're in place A for 9 months of the year, then you go to place B for 3 months, that short time would never be enough to really establish yourself and make real friends and have any kind of life there.

If you spread those 3 months throughout the year, it would be even worse.

If you're live in both places 50/50, now matter how you slice it you'd always be coming and going, and that's not really any way to live.

So for anyone who is doing this, or is considering it, how can you split your time between two homes in such a way that you can realistically have a life in both?
FutureExpat

Living in two / multiple countries Empty Re: Living in two / multiple countries

Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:57 pm
I'm looking at doing the exact same thing. Not interested in a city though, infant countryside and land. The more land to call my own the better. The USA is good for reasonably priced large plots of land and you can get a B2 visa that entitles you to 6 months in the country a year. The other place I'm looking at is Spain as they also have good sized plots of land for sale and they are still recovering from the financial crisis. So some bargains can be had there. Both come with some very large risks of course and the B2 visa is far from guaranteed! Brexit is the other concern.

But if there is a way for us to do it, I'll find it and then hopefully never have to experience a winter again! Or at least a British winter!

If I discover anything that makes this all look even slightly possible I shall update it on here. Hopefully everyone will go the same when we start getting some more members!
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://decidewheretoexpat.com

Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:41 am
Spain is cheap for sure, especially in smaller towns. Even in the bigger cities cheap properties can be found. Land can be very cheap there. Are you thinking of spending half the year in the US and the other in Spain? 
FutureExpat

Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:47 am
That's definitely the plan. Nice amount of land in the countryside, up in the mountains. Scenic views. That's the dream. Both countries have that option. A trip to spain is planned in the next couple of months with a view to trying to locate some land.
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://decidewheretoexpat.com

Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:52 am
FutureExpat wrote:Scenic views.

Plus the company of a portly, I mean full figured female. 
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum