Inspired Expat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

View the whole list

Statistics
We have 49 registered usersThe newest registered user is MahyaOur users have posted a total of 104 messagesin 44 subjects
Like/Tweet this page :
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Inspired Expat on your social bookmarking website
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Go down
Harrie

Countries with a sense of community Empty Countries with a sense of community

Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:14 am
When I picture a culture that has a strong sense of community, I imagine streets where lots of kids are out playing, parents are out washing their cars or chatting, there are always people hanging around and passing through, and there are lots of little local shops all around, as well as street vendors or markets. The downside is that there's probably a lot of gossip going on.

Cultures that are naturally more reserved tend to have less sense of community. People are cordial but they keep themselves to themselves and only come together in a crisis (i.e. Britain during WW2). And whatever sense of community there might be, it usually revolves around local business rather than family.

The more homogeneous (at least culturally) a country is, the more likely they are to have it.

A country's level of poverty/wealth may well affect it. And climate. Urban design/layout and architecture and closeness to nature most probably affects it. I would imagine that a city where most people live in apartments are less sociable than those where most people live in houses

I'm thinking Italy, most Latin American countries, and the Philippines have the most sense of community.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum