Inspired Expat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

View the whole list

Statistics
We have 49 registered usersThe newest registered user is MahyaOur users have posted a total of 104 messagesin 44 subjects
Like/Tweet this page :
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Inspired Expat on your social bookmarking website
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://decidewheretoexpat.com

Rich/Poor countries - Which has more gold diggers? Empty Rich/Poor countries - Which has more gold diggers?

Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:04 pm
Where are you more likely to find gold diggers, rich or poor countries? I say rich countries, because when you have less, your demands are less, and you're happy with less, and easy to please, and humble, etc etc.
Contrarian Expatriate

Rich/Poor countries - Which has more gold diggers? Empty Re: Rich/Poor countries - Which has more gold diggers?

Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:31 pm
It depends on what you mean by gold digger.  I define it by women who are ONLY out to get money or resources from you.  The fact is that MOST women around the world are programmed to pursue men of higher means in order to access or enjoy those means.  However, most women also consider it a by product of a larger relationship.

But to respond to the question, the biggest gold digger countries are those where the women have the highest sense of entitlement, regardless of the country's wealth.  For example, the women who are most entitled by culture are those of the Anglophere.  Hong Kong, Japan and Singapore might be wealthier than some Anglosphere countries, but those 3 Asian tigers have less female entitlement attached to their cultures so there will be less gold diggers there.

Switzerland is wealthier than Russia, but Russian women are among the most gold digging in the world!  

So key on the cultural entitlement of the local women over the wealth rank of a nation.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Rich/Poor countries - Which has more gold diggers? Empty Re: Rich/Poor countries - Which has more gold diggers?

Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:16 pm
What kind of entitlement do you mean? In other words what would create the entitlement? If living in a relatively wealthy country is not in itself a cause of entitlement, then what is? Do you mean the way women are treated? 

By the way thanks for joining. 
Contrarian Expatriate

Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:54 pm
Admin wrote:What kind of entitlement do you mean? In other words what would create the entitlement? If living in a relatively wealthy country is not in itself a cause of entitlement, then what is? Do you mean the way women are treated? 

By the way thanks for joining. 
Yes, I am referring to female entitlement which comes from a variety of things, namely:

-The "Female Empowerment" ethos of the West where women are taught that they are owed or deserve special treatment to address past discrimination against women (Anglosphere nations).
-Parenting styles in particular cultures which spoil and pander to little girls (United States, Latin America).
-Skewed sexual market value of local women due to high level of local beauty (Russia), or gender imbalance with men greatly outnumbering women (Dubai, UAE).
-Religious influence that enormously inflates the social and sexual market value of women relative to men (Israel).
-Large influx of foreign ethnic men aggressively competing for local women (Ukraine).

So it is these types of factors that tend to lend themselves to the local women becoming major gold diggers, not the income level of a particular country.  I find that certain rich countries like Switzerland, Germany, Japan, and South Korea have less gold digger culture than certain poorer countries like Venezuela, Brazil, Nigeria, Dominican Republic, and Spain.

But I also see poorer countries where gold digging is unheard of like Georgia, Armenia, Kyrgyzstan, Tunisia, Mexico, and Guatemala so income is not the determination factor.

Finally, women of each social class and geographical region can have different gold digging tendencies also.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:56 pm
I never thought of it like that. I always assumed it was mostly income. But you make a good point. I would assume though that countries where there's an abundance of good looking women, especially if there's also a shortage of charming men or men who can/are willing to provide, that those countries would produce humble women. I'm thinking of the Philippines. 
Contrarian Expatriate

Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:42 pm
Admin wrote:I never thought of it like that. I always assumed it was mostly income. But you make a good point. I would assume though that countries where there's an abundance of good looking women, especially if there's also a shortage of charming men or men who can/are willing to provide, that those countries would produce humble women. I'm thinking of the Philippines. 
I would presume that they would be very humble, but I have never visited that country to observe the inter-sexual social dynamics.  But it is unclear to me if they have high female entitlement there or not.  My first thought is they are not because of heavy family involvement, their sexual market value is not all that high (except for niche fans of Filipino women), and Catholic/Protestant/Muslim faith mix there.

From what I gather those women seek better lives abroad, Caucasian-looking children, and help for their families.  So I would consider them perhaps of the more noble-gold digger variety as opposed to greed-gold diggers who seek money for new purses, manicures, and the trappings of luxury consumption.  

Remember, all women are programmed to seek men with resources.  Some hide it, some deny it, and some are very open with it.  It is up to the individual MAN to recognize this tendency in women and to therefore set and enforce limits so they are not taken advantage of.  Most men do a poor job of this however.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:03 pm
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
Admin wrote:I never thought of it like that. I always assumed it was mostly income. But you make a good point. I would assume though that countries where there's an abundance of good looking women, especially if there's also a shortage of charming men or men who can/are willing to provide, that those countries would produce humble women. I'm thinking of the Philippines. 
I would presume that they would be very humble, but I have never visited that country to observe the inter-sexual social dynamics.  But it is unclear to me if they have high female entitlement there or not.  My first thought is they are not because of heavy family involvement, their sexual market value is not all that high (except for niche fans of Filipino women), and Catholic/Protestant/Muslim faith mix there.

From what I gather those women seek better lives abroad, Caucasian-looking children, and help for their families.  So I would consider them perhaps of the more noble-gold digger variety as opposed to greed-gold diggers who seek money for new purses, manicures, and the trappings of luxury consumption.  

Remember, all women are programmed to seek men with resources.  Some hide it, some deny it, and some are very open with it.  It is up to the individual MAN to recognize this tendency in women and to therefore set and enforce limits so they are not taken advantage of.  Most men do a poor job of this however.
Family and religion make a big difference and helps them to get their priorities in the right order. I see nothing wrong with wanting resources, within reason.
FutureExpat

Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:30 am
Don't forget genetics. Women are pre programmed to find the best father for their children. The one who can provide for them. The best hunter gatherer essentially. So that plays a part in certain cultures as different things count as being the best provider. In Russia that may mean more money the better (never been so just going on what was said earlier). Men are subconsciously looking for a woman who looks like they'd be able to bear plenty of healthy children.
Modern society is having more and more of an effect on that. Curves on a woman are something that usually denotes good hips so no struggle with child birth and big breasts means she can feed the babies. So that was desirable, now everywhere you look, skinny is forced down peoples throats constantly. I think that's starting to change a bit now though.

Just realised I'm probably going off on a tangent now. So I'll end it there. Me personally, unless I meet someone at work, I don't tell anyone what I do and certainly don't enter into any discussion on wages. I've always found that doing things you're interested in, for example canoeing (could be anything obviously) tends to put you in touch with like minded people and attraction moves on from there. But that's just my experience.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum